Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Reaper, know this

When you come for me
Let it not be when i have forgotten you
reclining in splendor on laps of rosy maidens
come for me in winter, lost among lonely wolves

As you fix your stare upon my heart
Let not your wings beat upon an aged man
lost in a maze of reality, when my dreams no longer hint
of the promise i made before i was born

Do not vanquish my spirit with your scythe
until i have tamed it to an earthbound Pegasus
Come for me when it is only I, no other
who create the bars to my own cage.

Let not my arm slide to my side
creating wealth for its lovers
sprite me away, scaling the Kilimanjaro
let my last look be towards the blinding sun

Let not men of knowledge dissect my worn body
and clean it of disease to let me live half dead
take me when i am not expecting it
filled with bullets,arrows and love.

let not my war be won by your finality
until i crush my enemies to dust
cut not the chains to this earth
until i have loosened them, myself, alone.

Dare not bring me peace, i beg
until i pry that fruit from this barren earth
do not martyr me, do not shame me
with death fit for those great kings

take me away when there is no more land
that has not borne my calloused feet
take me when there is no more love
that i can hope to give to my Lord.

Reaper, let your work be my gift.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

May you be taken away with dirty feet :)

i could visualize the whole poem.. very powerful very profound

Livehack said...

Shanu: :) u noticed..i did try to fit that phrase in. Thanks

ab said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is my favourite so far - it takes me away to a fantasy world, where you lay out the things that you still want to do, but it also portrays a message of the future - as if most things important to you are still to come, and haven't yet come about. There's the strength and eagerness of youth. The fun, the quiet wisdom that you know you are gaining while you walk the roads of travel. You are a free soul, wanting that wisdom, hungry on gaining it all on a spiritual level. You write it very powerfully.