Thursday, November 23, 2006

Subtle flame

Two traveling oceanic birds on a vast cloud,
Passing by, and holding each other's gaze
for just plain 4 breathless seconds.
Each enjoying a moment of wonder,
a moment independent of any routine
on a severely automatic journey home.
Certainly, a common pretty bird it was,
common as i find beauty is same anywhere
that looked upon me as i looked into her.
I would like to imagine it was meant to happen,
like two distant lighthouses locked thier beams
upon each other across an ocean of chaos.
Far be it from notions of love at first sight,
something deeper and more commonplace,
like satisfying an immediate simple curiosity,
an evaluation of possible improbability,
I have no clue to her thoughts of me
But this particular bird had me frozen in midair,
As it was not streetlight that reflected from her eyes,
Just a subtle flame,burning darkly
from a creature of seeming ivory innocence,
and the hints of an unborn smile,
just as she passed from the corners of sight.
What keeps me wondering days afterward,
is there is so many stories, that I would never know.

No comments: