Sunday, October 22, 2006

Daydreams, on the beach

Your smiles adorn the sea shells on the beach
But who is "you", its a wish that there were a you
The wind whispers an unspoken song, felt
the sea comes forth to lay upon my feet,
crowning my toes with tiny coral hills
shining sand filled oysters listen curiously to my confessions

I begin from a beginning, except there is no end,
Except that the measure of beginning and end is beyond
a shimmering horizon that's fast falling away
as i begin conversing with my inner being
until i become the pearl of my own thoughts
A drop of moisture suspended on a vast ocean
a nova of light in the universe of my consciousness
far from the beach where i was one moment before.

Imagine how graciously the sand accepts a falling footstep,
Or the wind submits to the grace of an egret,
there was no question or contemplation or regret,
just like there is no need to measure the worthiness of my thoughts
when my dreams are folded into the waiting arms of my mind.

3rd cigarette and the taste of restlessness begins,
I long to be everywhere else at once, nowhere in particular
to the far shore, to the light beyond, to the island of reason,
wherever i can end once again a new dream for the day.
fleeting thoughts are what guides me on these journeys,
Until i can dream a dream to end all dreams.

A fiery cloud pierces across the sky, the brow of the eye of the sun
Its perfect and fragile, a spark but also a supernova
A feeling burst forth inside me before i can stop it and kill it,
slipping into my heart before i can shut its doors,
Sadness became darkness, descends on the beautiful sunset

I deny her,but if she did exist,i don't want to tell you
That you are all my heart lets me dream of.
But that's just because...because, because,because
Because only dried starfish anchor my dreams from drifting to the sun.

7 comments:

Lucille Haake said...

Lovely poem!

Livehack said...

Thanks Zonie, as per my new rule for today, all poems are dedicated to the first person who comments on it*


(*subject to change)

[i]nnovative[T]hinker said...

Thanks for ya comment on ma blog N btw I guess nobody dares to copy some content N paste them into there blog and abt orginality!! its just letting your heart talk and ur brain type. Intended? Does that bring any happiness to ya mind if I does or dont ;) hehehe But I wll tell u tht Im not a fan of poets nor read them... but just write some crap when Im in a uncontrolled state of mind.

Unknown said...

Dried starfish... sea shells.. footsteps.. damn mojo.. u were just describing a fragment of my day dreams..

Sigh..the longing for the non existent..

Livehack said...

innovative Thinker, Cmon stop being defensive,i kinda liked ur post. Admire the passion in ur response.

Shanu:- u too?

The only non-existant thing that i really want is time travel.

Unknown said...

Yes! yes! yes! guilty as charged, hook,line sinker :)

Damn my list of non-existent is quite long.. why do u suppose is tht?could it be i am delusional?

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell, you are good. You are either a genius or a big fool - either way, time decides what to label you, but I label you more than you give yourself credit for. I even forgive you for being a martyar, to look for a her in a wish, you are the romantic the world needs, and here you sit with all your emotions in your words, and hiding that out of the writing. Bring it out my friend, bring it out in every aspect of your life like you are crowing your toes with tiny coral hills. You took me on this fantasy world that I didn't want to come back from, and I have to say thanks.