Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Unedited as requested

Lost in my own depths, I wandered
I had wrote, clouds spread upon the blue
waiting for a radiant sun, illuminate!
fertile soil in my mind for wonder

Always dwelling upon myself, rejecting
simplicity for it being its undeniable self
closed my self within pages of tall books
and endless walks by the sea side in solitude

Then you came along, no splash was heard
I do not remember what i thought then
I was just grateful for intelligent conversation
yet I remember not speaking much

So long ago wasn't it my friend?
I remember when you left, I was at a loss
to understand what you meant to me
I took my time then by avoiding the answer

I do not think of you in a manner of thinking
Its just a spot in me longing for a feeling
listening to you I feel a certain calm
like the warmth of my home on a rainy day

I felt like cruising through peaceful images
blades of golden grass bowing to the sunset
spirals of rain dancing on the pavement
clear waves carrying coral sand to my feet

yet you were what you always are
you never asked me to change
yet Being around you changed me
like something in me never stopped healing

I was a confused person seeking a touch of reality,
tormented by a constant nameless anger
that was vanquished or forgotten
like it was afraid of your very presence.

Being with you I forgot many worries
Many murky clouds of thought left my mind
enjoying companionship of a wonderful friend
without any expectations what so ever

So quietly I listened and learned from you,
the simple beauty of simple things
sometimes I felt stupid for not speaking my mind
yet I never really felt you needed that of me

you taught me more things that you can imagine
that I cannot stop living my life
while dreaming of achieving a worthy life
that caring need not be said or announced

I do not miss you like missing something
I miss you like a one winged bird
constantly living with the realization
that you can make me fly higher



Thank you.


10 comments:

Yusreen Ahmed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yusreen Ahmed said...

You jerk (sigh)...nobody has said anything more sweeter to me. I very much appreciate the unedited version. I never knew that I helped you in so many ways, the truth is that you helped me just as much. Aren't we a pair? I'm having trouble expressing myself at this moment...but I'm sure that you have a sense of what I'm feeling right now...Thank You, my friend, for being there for me too!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow..I'm at loss for words, it's beautiful..the words and the arrangement..it's awesome. How come I never stumbled upon this blog!

- From "Decay" in wordpress.

Livehack said...

Y, you are a radiant sun.Be yourself.


Nish, do stumble more often. I need someone to give me a harder time here, and as a fellow poet you are well qualified.thanks.

Unknown said...

my my :) nicely done.. I'v been thinking about not commenting coz i dont have much critism to offer...and u dont appreciate that.. oh well

ab said...

Hey, cool poem... cool way of description u've got... And i'm a fellow poet too... ;) chek out my blog too ingey..

Livehack said...

shanu:- u dont see a "no comments allowed, only criticism" sign here do u? Hmm that sounds like a title for a news column..

Waylander: sure lets see what u got.

Unknown said...

:) sure..I get the msg

~ange|~ said...

nice poem...:D

Anonymous said...

you thought those thoughts by yourself - not her contribution.
you did not need her to teach you - you taught yourself
you did not have to be a one winged bird because you already had two wings
you fly on your own
she didn't make you fly
get it right
you got it because you learnt it