Monday, November 20, 2006

Mother

a human born, a child raised
aimed to become wise and praised
there were no villains, no satans,
Just a mind burdened with its own weight.

But what did i grow into, a wonderful
suicidal introvert , maniac in constant depress
called Man, but truly a child of larger growth,
having long forgotten the combination to his own heart.

Having been carefully and properly mis educated
"oh so creative, intelligent and bright!"
I know enough to know that that means nothing.
they have no idea what they are over rating

I saw a white pigeon today, and i flew with it,
It landed on the road, in front of a car
It barely flinched when the driver panicked
thats exactly how much i feel any day.

don't look at me like that, with eyes shining sparkles,
you don't know what ur loving, cuz he is running
hiding like an embryo in bed sheets
i hold love above breath, i am not worth your love.

Had you not touched me with your pure hands,
and told me that i am worth more than your soul,
had you not taught me never to give up,
I would not know what alive means.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So powerful, and the last verse was beautiful.. simply beautiful.. loved it :)

Livehack said...

Shanu:-Thanks. i think its my most honest work yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey now this is a piece of writing that I think portrays you as a whole person, and is worthy of praise. What can I say but agree that this is beautiful. It came from your heart, there's no hiding of emotion, nor your spiritual self, and no mix matches of words. I have lot to say, but I'll make it short. It touched my core, this piece of writing, and I think that was what I was looking for in the previous poem I read. One more thing, you have to see what I see in you to understand that people see something in you that you don't - beauty and purity. Learn to accept it. Not just empty words, and you wrote this from that beautiful self. You are that beautiful being. :) Like I keep saying, deal with it.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if you still see what you are under rating?? Maybe they are not overrating at all.