Saturday, January 27, 2007

O blue ocean! So alive

Blue ocean, violent emerald in the glorious sun
surging crowns of the purest white
spread upon water by invisible knives
even your turmoil is articulate craft

silver fish gymnastics to the aquatic orchestra
each seeking a moment of freedom in the sky
what unearthly splendor, such magnificent color
What are you not but proof of God Himself!

Just as the sea is hungry, i am insatiable to see it
wonders beheld from mans eyes by routine
are we not both brothers in Gods creation?
what holds your eyes from your hearts desire?

My heart longs for its forgotten dreams
energy rides upon my pulse, exploding
drowning in the eloquent violence
I feel the sea salt in my blood, my lips.

If paradise can out do this simple beauty
the doorway of death is a grand adventure.


Inspired by one afternoon in Dolphin View Cafe , and uncountable walks along the seaside.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the irony in your poem, as the ocean truly is paradoxical.Oceans one of my absolute favourite thing and I always get this sense of nostalgia when someone talks about it or I see it.

I just close my eyes and imagine it, and i was able to do that with your poem.

( I know u like critism but I cant help it :))

~ange|~ said...

nice poem.... n truly i too fel like i can taste the salt of the sea in my blood... i can nevr imagine a day when i'd have to live without the site of the blue ocean n the waves playin their music.. nice one!

Livehack said...

Its the first shock i got when i left the country.So far away from the sea..

Anonymous said...

The ocean is a beautiful thing, and I can understand that you love it or you wouldn't be writing about 'wonders of God's creation', but I didn't get this poem or what you were trying to say half the time. Not by reading it anyway. What is an articulate craft? Do you mean the ocean is an expression of majestic creation? I can't understand how a body of water, that is the ocean, is spread by the water when it is the water itself, seems a bit redundant. If you mean that the ocean is the emeral in the sun, ah that doesn't make sense to me either, but i can imagine my own version of things simply because one word triggers thoughts of my own perception, but the wordings didn't do it for me here. I had to get out of the poem to do my won thinking in this case. This is what I think - I like old school poetry, so just stringing any old words together that aren't sensible doesn't work for me. It obviously worked for a lot of other people.