Monday, January 22, 2007

THIS POSTCARD BROKE MY HEART

I really cried and i couldnt believe it. I had stopped believing i could cry for years, but i did when i saw this. I guess all the sad and beautiful cards i saw made me edgy.

This is a postcard from postsecret.blogspot.com

I wonder how i would handle it if that happened to me- to lose a child while it was still a baby. I wonder if i would neatly fold away everything that bears it scent, however small and keep it with me forever even when everyone else started to forget...




2 comments:

Mary-Jo said...

My kid died when he was 8 (before you ask, he wasn't biologically mine. I just had partial parental rights to him). I still have his paintings, his kangaroo print yellow jammies, his story books...
It was only last year when I moved house I deleted him from my answering machine. I suppose I should let go - eventually.

Livehack said...

Mary-jo: Sorry to hear that. I think i would have done the same, though i dont think i would let go. It will become another critical and treasured element that would define me.

Btw, Happy belated birthday.