Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Calling all Critics

I notice people who visit unknown or unfamiliar blogs leave two kinds of comments, if they do leave one:
1. Slightly abusive, defamatory or just generally trying to make some kind of point.
2. Very positive, using word like nice, cool etc, basically runs the gamut from juicy to outrageous.

The kind that is lacking,and the kind im hoping for (i am allowed that small luxury), is real criticism. The word real in the last sentence does not mean negative or positive.What I am talking about is criticism that thought out, and not just a point you would raise in a cursory glance.Now you may say, that the kinds listed on top is also criticism, and you would be right as anything goes. There is no right or wrong here, and comments are what keep blogs alive.

I dont think ive got any real criticm in this blog, even though i appreciate all the comments i get. I write poetry, and no one ever asked me, hey mojo, u know what u say in this verse really doesnt make sense, or that the beginning and end dont have the same feel. That kind of comments challenge me to be better, and i would love that.

So my point is, id like to invite everyone who reads my poetry to to really tell me what they think.Four letter words are fine, if they come with a vaild argument. Also I am now forced to the conclusion that all my bad posts are the ones that receive no comments.Im not comment hungry, i just want to be better in everything i do.

Well if u have nothing to say, or if the post just aint interesting enough, then there is none to be said. Thats cool. But if u do want to say something, then really, dont just hand me the candy, make me earn it too. Blogging is an art form, and every art needs critics.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ahh the critics got criticized.. now thats a good one :) anyway i am not much of a critic, I just know when i see something i like.. and thats about it.. but will try to oblige from now on..

Livehack said...

Shanu:- In my post, I was not asking anyone to change their perspective as a reader. All i am saying is dont hesitate to point things out. Thats what i was challenging,as few of us actually point things out in a well thought out fashion.

This isn't a class in literature:). .hmm..maybe i didnt hit the right spot in the post.(Or maybe I'm worrying too much abt what i wrote!)

Livehack said...

and shanu, when are u going to change that display pic? its just freaks me out for some reason.(see, well thought out criticism)..

Unknown said...

lol.. damn mojo,thats me modified.. and i like dark art!! but i guess its time i changed it..i'v had it for too long..

as for comments,I'l keep commenting in moi style :D

Livehack said...

sure Shanu, but just don't hesitate to point out anything that needs an improvement.Thanks.