Saturday, October 21, 2006

My own pain

Pain.Pain that knows no bounds
Pain that knows not healing,
There is no expulsion for it,
It must live on,
For pain is what keeps me alive,
We are one,
It breathes life into me,
Makes me remember what I must be,
What i can be,
And always a constant reminder
that my journey is still so long,
And all that i have left behind are pieces of my self,
And none of my suffering
i will always carry my burdens
no matter what it has done to me,
One day i shall be a master,
And i shall see all that i have gained,
For not sharing with anyone,
My own pain.


wrote this many years ago in my teens, cant supress the feeling that i was more connected to my feelings back then.

8 comments:

Afu Latheef said...

...but do you still seek the unattainable blue flower?

Livehack said...

As you know of the blue flower, do you think one would give up its pursuit easily? Usually hopeless romantics such as myself dont choose to be like that, its in our natural disposition to dream.

Unknown said...

Pain, theres so much of that cropping up.. i guess pain is what keeps us in check.. but then agian, are we doomed to a life of misery and suffering?

Livehack said...

Dont you think naming a medicine a "painkiller" can be a cruel joke, cuz there are times when you wish there were a way to get a prescription for what you feel.

Pain never killed anyone, we kill ourselves trying to hide from pain, and avoid solving the things that cause it.Thats what i feel

Unknown said...

Yes my friend this world is one cruel place.. but painkillers can do wonders..

Very true, we are the poison and we are the elixir its all with in us ..

Afu Latheef said...

since you say you are a hopeless romantic, i guess you'd always be seeking the blue flower then.... i wish you the best of luck...

Anonymous said...

a romantic seeking the blue flower. It saddens me at one level, because there's martyar written all over it. I do however, agree with what you said above that pain didn't kill anyone, and pain can enhance wisdom, patience and goodness - but be careful to feel the pain along with love, or it can errode away what you are seeking - the path to your inner self :) where your truth resides

Anonymous said...

If you wrote this as a teenager, do you still doubt who saw creativity and intelligence in you among other things? If some other teenager wrote it, would you be so harsh on that young mind too?